Lighting Makeover for Mirrors
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Bathroom Lighting and other Lighting topics.
How do I jazz up a plain bathroom mirror with light?
You went all out with the bathroom fixtures and forgot to budget for the mirror, so you chose a simple beveled or plain glass mirror with no trim. You're not skimping on your bathroom lighting budget, which means you have a perfect chance to jazz up that plain mirror. Here are few ideas from our bathroom lighting guide: • Art deco bathroom light bathbar for a plain bathroom mirror
- Crystal bathbars (such as the James R. Moder Princess design and sleek nickel-and-glass lights) around bathroom mirrors.
- Wide Kathy Ireland cuatro wall sconces on opposite sides of the wall.
- Bathroom light fixtures with metal vines.
- Streamlined "side sconces" to fit the bathroom mirror.
- Contemporary or "swoop" collection bathroom light wall sconces.
Tip: Bathroom light wall sconces should be 3 to 4 feet apart on the wall in order to light both sides of your face. A plain mirror or one with minimal trim can give you more freedom to experiment with lighting options. See, you didn't make a budget error after all!