Low Ceilings and Fans
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Lighted Ceiling Fans and other Lighting topics.
What ceiling fan styles suit a low ceiling?
Ceiling Fan Guide: Remember the old joke, "This place is so small I have to go outside to stand up?" If you have low ceilings and no room in your budget to move or remodel, a lighted ceiling fan may add a breath of fresh air and light up your bedroom, kitchen or living room. Low-ceilinged rooms feel claustrophobic and stuffy. But how do you choose a ceiling fan that works with your living space?
- Choose ceiling fans such as Casablanca fans in white or light colors, especially if you have color on the walls.
- Opt for compact modern ceiling fans with globe lighting as opposed to multiple, dangling downlights.
- Choose slim blades, which you'll find in Emerson ceiling fans, Casblanca fans and all other quality fan brands.
- Dark wood blades work best with large globe lights or several small lights. White or cream walls and ceilings will keep the fan from looking as if you're going to bump your head against it.
- Some modern ceiling fans give you control over the amount of light through a remote control or dimmer switch.
So, in summary...Low ceilings? Low budget? No problem once you have the right ceiling fan!