Brass Chandelier Cleaning
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Chandeliers and other Lighting topics.
Do I use brass cleaner on brass chandeliers?
It's time to get down to brass tacks with your brass contemporary chandeliers or antique chandeliers. Want some chandelier tips?
- Don't use brass knuckles, especially if your chandelier is a hybrid of crystal and brass.
- Gentle dusting with a linen or metal cleaning cloth will restore shine to brass uplight finish.
- Lighting manufacturers also favor microfiber cloths.
- You may not need to dust the brass if you give the bulbs a cleaning and polish. Don't neglect the chandelier lamp shades--wash them in warm soapy water.
- If the brass still looks less than brassy, especially lacquered brass, use a cloth moistened lightly with furniture polish.
With care and attention your antique brass chandelier will impress the top brass (such as your mother-in-law), who will give you full marks on a surprise inspection!