What Size Ceiling Fan?
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Lighted Ceiling Fans and other Lighting topics.
What size ceiling fan light should I buy?
The size of your ceiling fan lighting depends on the size of your room. Calculate the square footage of your room by multiplying the length by the width.
- Up to 64 square feet: 32-inch fan
- 65-144 square feet: 42-inch fan
- 145-225 square feet: 44-inch fan
- 226-400 square feet: 52-inch fan
- 401-625 square feet: 60-inch fan
When the ceiling fan light fixture is installed, the lowest part of the fixture should be at least 7 feet above the floor, and fan blades should be at least 2.5 feet from the nearest wall.