Fan Buying Tips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Lighted Ceiling Fans and other Lighting topics.
What are some tips for buying the best lighted ceiling fan?
If you're in the market for a fan, consider these tips before buying one.
- The steeper the angle of the blades, the more air they move. Ask to see fans in action, preferably in a smaller room than a showroom floor, if you're spending a lot to get the perfect one.
- Check for a high CFM (cubic feet per minute) rating, which measures the fan's power. Use this measurement, rather than the motor's power, to make a decision about which fan will give you the most air.
- When looking at ceiling fan lights, keep your decor in mind. Down lights will provide the best direct lighting, while up lights will be more of an ambient glow.
- Almost all lighted ceiling fans have reversible motors, but check to be sure.
- For an extra touch of convenience, or for fans that will be hung far out of reach, look for a ceiling fan light switch with a remote control.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.